New Frontiers is committed to helping clients reach their fullest potential through a collaborative, creative and flexible coaching model. We offer one to one executive function coaching and academic tutoring, as well as social and transition to college and/or career support services. Group programs focus on social engagement and interpersonal skills. We provide coaching both in-person and virtually for clients school-aged through adulthood. Parent workshops and professional trainings are also available to assist in community awareness and development. In-person support to navigate virtual school and online learning during the COVID-19 crisis is also available both one on one and in groups.
Examples of coaching areas include:
· Academics: Test taking & study strategies, reading comprehension, written expression, and tutoring.
· Executive Functions: Goal setting, time management, organization, task Initiation, prioritization, and overcoming procrastination.
· Career: Career discovery, interview skills, resume building, maintain employment, and job search.
· Social Connections: Interpersonal relationships, flexibility, social awareness, and adulting.
· College Transition: Campus and residential life, self-advocacy, and accessing resources.
Examples of topics covered in parent workshops and professional trainings include:
· Transition from high school to college or the workforce
· Learning styles and differences
· Accommodations, supports, and self-advocacy
· College readiness
· Executive function through the lifespan